Awesome coder Vicki Lai created a twitter bot for her website that regularly tweets her older posts. The article is here.
- It runs on AWS lambda (function as a service)
- It’s written in GO (R is not supported …)
- It costs almost nothing
- It uses time as a trigger
- She uses her own RSS feed as source (so it is automatically up to date)
- The function picks a random article from her feed
- the code is here: https://gist.github.com/vickylai/7859dab68df87e28f40d6715d08383c7
I wish this could be done in R too. But I might borrow her twitter bot and modify it to use my rss feed? However I might have too long descriptions or no description at all? I’ll have to check.